Autopsy – Should be avoided
- The personnel handling the body may follow standard precautions (surgical mask, gloves).
- The vehicle, after the transfer of the body to cremation/ burial staff, will be decontaminated with 1% Sodium Hypochlorite.
At the crematorium/ Burial Ground
- The Crematorium/ burial Ground staff should be sensitized that COVID 19 does
not pose additional risk.
- The ash does not pose any risk and can be collected to perform the last rites.
- Large gatherings at the crematorium/ burial ground should be avoided as a social distancing measure as it is possible that close family contacts may be symptomatic and/ or shedding the virus.